|April 7th & 9th
Bible Story: The Death of Jesus
Luke 22, Mark 14, and John 18
Jesus Storybook Bible pg. 294
Letter of the Week: Ww
- Watercolor Painting
- Eat a watermelon and count the seeds (then plant them)
- Pour water into different sized glass containers and lightly tap with a metal spoon to hear the different sounds each container makes
- Purchase and Observe Earth Worms (can be purchased at Petco or Walmart)
- Investigate Wheels (dip different toy cars, trucks, and tractor wheels in paint and roll them across a piece of paper to see the different designs each one makes)
April 14th & 16th
Bible Story: The Resurrection/ The Empty Tomb
Matthew 27, Luke 23, and John 19
Jesus Storybook Bible pg. 302
Letter of the Week: Xx
- Make a pattern bead bracelet
- Explore Color Mixing (Red & Yellow, Blue & Yellow, Red & Blue, etc.)
- Draw a map of your house, yard, or street. Hide a treat (gummies, candy, wifi password, water balloons, etc.) and mark the spot with a BIG X, then have the children follow the map to where X marks the spot to retrieve their reward.
April 21st & 23rd
Bible Story: Jesus Goes to Heaven/ The Ascension
Matthew 28, Mark 16, and John 20
Jesus Storybook Bible pg. 310
Letter of the Week: Yy
- Wrap sticks from your yard or popsicle sticks in colorful yarn and hang as decorations
- Make a Popcorn Bluebonnet
- Scissor Practice - cutting yarn
- Symmetry Play - Use a mirror and household items to explore how things look exactly the same placed up against the mirror. (Type symmetry play into pinterest for hundreds of neat ideas)
April 28th & 30th
Bible Story: The Holy Spirit
Jesus Storybook Bible pg. 326
Letter of the Week: Zz
Put Me in the Zoo by Dr. Seuss
- Zippers - practice zipping your jacket up and down.
- Read these Books:
The ABC Book by Dr. Seuss
A Sick Day for Amos McGee by Philip C. Stead
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin, Jr. and John Archambault
- Make a wind sock (Teachers would have used the wind to show that the Holy Spirit is felt and not seen.
The Bible tells us that the apostles were all gathered together in one place when suddenly there was a sound like a mighty, rushing wind. They saw what looked like tongues of fire that came to rest on each of them and all of them were filled with the Holy Spirit.
God's Holy Spirit is somewhat like the wind. We can't see him, but we know that he is there because we can see the effects of his power in our lives.)
- Count 1-10: by clapping, jumping, skipping, hopping, blinking, stomping, etc.
See if your kids can gather 10 of the same objects in the house: spoons, blocks, barbies, legos, balls, straws, books, beads, etc.
Tag us on Instagram in any experiments or projects that you do with your kiddos! @milwoodpreschool
I hope you have a happy and blessed Easter with your family. Please let me know if there is any way that we can serve your family or help you during this time.
In His Service,
Milwood Preschool Director
Phone: (512) 834-9244
Email: Milwood Preschool
Website: Milwood Preschool