Thanks for All Things
Shout for joy to God, all the earth;
sing the glory of his name;
give him glorious praise!
Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds!"
So great is your power that your enemies come cringing to you.
All the earth worships you
and sings praises to you;
they sing praises to your name.
Come and see what God has done:
he is awesome in his deeds toward the children of man.
At our annual church family thanksgiving dinner we ate turkey, packed operation Christmas Child boxes (166 of them), and gave thanks. Here are some of the things we shared thankfulness for:
- Putting me where I am. Plus all the blessings he has given me. - Steve Moore
- Good Health. A family that loves the Lord. A God who loves me despite my sins.
- Christian brothers and sisters at Milwood who I enjoy serving, worshiping and felowshipping with. - Steve Sivells
- For the family and for the joy in my heart.
- For our church's growth toward the fullness of Christ. For Christ himself. For the sturdy love of a godly wife. - Nathan
- Having a loving family and loving friends.
- My church family. The gospel preached. My slavation. My family.
- My new family - wife and many friends in and outside the church who pray and support the faith.
- The Milwood Church family.
- Salvation in Jesus Christ our Lord. I thank God for such wonderful fellowship with brothers an sisters in Christ and to share a meal with them. I arrived at 5:00pm and was belssed to join Janet, Christy, and Jennifer in a wonderful time of prayer. For salvation, prayer, fellowship and a good meal...I thank you Lord. - Don Courtney.
- Everything. Father, You have provided a husband for me, a job, saved many of my family members from medical emergencies and You have given me more wisdom in Your word. I'm just so thankful to be Your daughter.
- New growth in Milwood. New face of adults. New babies. New sanctuary and entry. Good fellowship with new and old members and attenders. God is Good! God allowed me to finish 80 years! - Jane Courtney.
- A healthy family, abundant blessings, and a loving, giving church. - Christy Bunce.
- My family. My pets.
- My relationship with Jesus. Second chances and true freedom in Him. - Janet.
- My beautiful wife and my sweet chahuahua. - Edna and Chalupa.
- Helping us adjust to changes.
- Opening my eyes to the pain of others. Help me to cover the weakness of others instead of pointing them out. - Hope C.
- The wellbeing of my family. Safe move to Austin. Protection and provision of God. Good schools. Work place and co-workers. New friends in church. Leadership and guidance of pastors. The church.
- Happiness (attached with a drawing of a smiling little girl next to a building, lots of trees and a swing set.) - Janae Wallace.
- Being our provider.
- For being my savior. Families. Home. Everything.
- A sweet and caring fiance.
- My handsome fiance and loving family.
- A good job that pays more than I need so I can give to others.
- Me, Mom, and Cider.
- Family, houses, blankets, pets, friends, school, food, Bible, church, Blair Fuller. - Ella Bourland.
- His constant provision. Whether it be a financial, emotional, or spiritual need He has remained faithful in all things.
- Milwood. Pastor Nathan. Our small group. The Holy Spirit working in other people.
- Always being with us.
- That miscarriages, failed businesses, lost friendships, a stressful job, loneliness, fear, uncertainty, insecurity, doubt, and even death can never separate me from His love.
- The ministry opportunity He provided. The work He's doing in our life. The church since moving here. Excited for baby Ellie to join us. - Lauren Sosler.
- Working in our family to bring us closer to each other and closer to God.
- My first pastorate. A loving church family. Marriage & Lauren. A baby on the way. - Alex Sosler
More in Milwood Blog
November 27, 2022Every Mention of The Holy Spirit in Acts
July 7, 2022Meditations on The Creation of Woman: She Owes Her Existence to God Alone
April 16, 2022Songs for Saints in Streams of Trouble